Enter content here
Enter content here
Enter content here
page views: ###
Venk Shenoi ( ex-student, batch 1956 ) missed his flight, but not his date with BES School on 7.8.2009. Arriving from UK, in wee hours of morning, without much rest, he managed to reach School at 11.30 am for the interactive session with students. A brief introduction by Venk Shenoi was followed by a 90 minute ‘audio-visual’ on ‘global warming’. Then, 40 odd students were divided into four groups, and they were asked to prepare for their presentation in 15 minutes flat on four topics on ‘global warming with Mumbai perspective’. A hectic parlay among students for 15 minutes, and the enthusiastic participation of students followed. A question and answer session with Venk Shenoi answering the student’s queries was interesting. A brief visit to renovated Science Laboratoty along with Principal and science teachers, concluded his program. A small video clip prepared on the days program is uploaded.. Nearly two hours session has been compressed into 10 minutes and hence many student speakers could not be given the footage. To view the clip take the following link
So friends let us join our hands (haat dharo..dharo goal ti baro karo – as Dasgupta da is to say ) to thank the trio Prodyot, Bapida & Bimalda. With Warmest Regards to all my BES school friends & their Family.
Hi Old trusted hands !
Final count-down has already began, few hours only left. Please get ready for the memorable voyage together again. The host is same old chap from second last bench who had the same dumb habit of smiling with eyes bright & shining with perfect stupidity. Offcourse it took decades of perfection to convert the same stupidity into an alarming mischief glaring grins.
Many must have forgotten me & my name too! But ! Lekin Naam Mein Kya Rakha Hai Yaar! Apun bidu woich hai, Truely speaking - ekdum Sachchi bolun? Apun Kya aaj bhi Nahin Sudhra, around 40 - 50% marks? appun to Kya bole -Solid Khush. Aaj Tak Mama Ka Dukan,ek paise ka kulfi pink cone mein aur mayla samiti - ghoogni was juts superb & just unforgettable!
It shall be great,great & too much, three much fun & majja to be again together. You must be maha glad to know that big, big,very big celebrities are also joining us, Arrey ! bus kya bidu! appun Kaabhi-bhi fekta nahin. Big celebrities like page 3 have been lined up to join us. Some names for your mood Tadka are Johny, Bipasa, Katrina, SRK, Sallu, Mallika aditi are all coming & Rakhi Sawant too..... Lekin dost ! in that case no one is going to look at us, we oldies of Bangla School will again go out of circuit & back in darkness as felt earlier.
Socho, Socho, poora Socho! ..... Idea ! .....
Let me cancell the page 3 items .. let us all think & consider - you are our Johny you are our Bipasa, you are our SRK, Sallu & you are our Mallika & Aditi!
Wah ! dost Wah! Yahi solid idea!
Let us all feel more than celebrities in our simple and humble world of alumnibes! Let us hold our simplicity, give some old excuses & same old dumb looks & feel great & possesed with our most valuable old relations. Let us once again feel blissfuly confused with ignorant and innocent miles of smiles & achive "Ati Vishishta Nirmal Anand".
By the way, I request all to attend this humble meeting & greeting party, I promise ! ekdum God promise! Maa Kali! I am going to pamper you & tempt you with Happy Hospitality!
Arrangements & club's Khushi Khushi contribution -
1. Welcome drink with innocent virgin fruit mocktail
2. Simple stage & seat arrangements with dias, podium & professional sound system for my seniors to be heard & honoured
3. Simple starters with Chick lolypops, pakodas, fish chakhnas (Golden Baits)
4. Offcourse the Chakhnas shall go down well with Indian Scotch Whisky & Indian Champagnes upto 9 pm only (Bidu, jitna chahiye utna hi apun khush, Lekin! Khudka Ijjat bacha ke bhai, apun kitna bhi bada ho gayela hoga, leking apun ke senior bhai aur chokri logo ke samne pojisan rakhna hai, kya bole?
5. Music and fun part as arranged, from Club side "Zee Music" best music producer 2007 award winner "Dj Dev" shall await our go ahead to spin.
6. At sharp 9 pm simple buffet shall be offered hot -Chicken, Mutton, Katla Sorse, Paneer matar, Sabzi kadai, Dal Fry, Salads, Pulao rice, Steam Jeera rice, Baby naans, Raita & Ice cream
Finally ! Please ! Kassam se pleeaaassse, Jaroor aneka. Kya bole anekaich Aneka!
Guaranteed Jhakkas hoyenga, pucca ana! mere bhai logon aur unke behen log!
Please remember Shibu Da's "Purano Sei diner Kotha"
Seii bayta Partho ! ! !
(Capt Partho Das)
Alumnibes cordially invites members and their spouses to Reunion – 2008 to be held at Marine Club, Marine Street, Sector 11, Vashi, Navi Mumbai on 5.1.2008 at 5.30 pm as per program enclosed
5-30 pm Free Registration of Alumni
6-00 pm Opening address by Shri Dileep Chatterjee
To pass following Resolution :
( We propose to donate a part or
surplus remaining after meeting
Reunion expenses, to our alma mater.
The said donation shall be
approved by Alumnibes Executive
Core Committee. They will decide the
quantum and timing of donation )
6.30 pm onwards Recitation by Shri Bibek Bagchi
Recitation by Shri Ashok Roy
Mimicry by Shri Kalpadeep
Songs by Miss Lopamudra
Musical Program by DJ Dev
9 pm Dinner
Voluntary donations of any amount will be received at Reception
Program anchor : Shri Dileep Chatterjee ( Hyderabad )
Program co-anchor : Smt. Vivekita Gupta
Reunion organizers : Captain Partho Das, Smt. Vivekita Gupta, Smt. Sharbani Dhavan, Shri Bibek Bagchi, Shri Aurobinda Das, Shri Prodyot Nandy
Contact: Shri Prodyot Nandy tel : 022 - 24141373, 9322298073
email : , website :
Shri Bibek Bagchi tel : 9820614431
Participation confirmed as of now :
1. Capt. Partho Das
2. Smt. Vivekita Gupta
3. Smt. Sarbani Dhavan
4. Shri Bibek Bagchi
5. Shri Aurobindo Das
6. Shri Mainak Chatterjee
7. Shri Prodyot Nandy + spouse
8. Shri Ashok Roy + spouse
9. Shri Partha Bose + spouse
10. Shri Dileep Chatterjee
11. Shri Kalpa Deep Chatterjee
12. Shri Debiprasad Chowdhury
13. Smt. Anita Chowdhury
14. Ms Debjani Chowdhury
15. Shri Ashish Sanyal + spouse
16. Shri Deepak Majumdar
17. Smt. Swapna Mukherjee + spouse
18. Smt. Sudebi Karmakar
19. Shri Karnaditya Neogi + spouse
20. Shri Prashanta Majumdar
21. Shri Suresh Ghosh + spouse
22. Shri Shyamaprasad Dhar
23. Shri Subrata Karmakar
24. Smt. Jyoti Deshpande
25. Shri Subrata Dey
26. Shri Uttam Bardhan + spouse
27. Shri Kirti Guha
28. Shri Shyamal Majumdar
29. Shri Rajeev Jayaraj
30. Smt. Dolly Ghosh
31. Shri Nirukta Bose
32. Ms Abyakta Basu
33. Ms Suparna Nandy
34. Shri Ashok Bhattacharjee + spouse
35. Shri Ravish Shanbhag
36. Shri Bhairab Sensharma
37. Shri Sanjay Sawant*
38. Shri Naresh Shetty*
39. Shri Bhavin Maru*
40. Shri Sanjay Majumdar*
41. Shri Buddhadev Karmakar
42. Shri Vinod Sharma*
43. Shri Mrinal Dutta
44. Shri Ashok Parui
45. Shri Gautam Maiti
46. Shri Dileep Bhattacharya + spouse
47. Shri Surojit Sengupta* + spouse
48. Smt. Mahua Thakur
49. Smt. Molly Ganguly
50. Shri Prashun Chatterjee + Spouse
51. Smt. Moushumi Goswami
52. Shri Kaushik Banerjee + spouse
53. Shri Vijay Perla
54. Shri Chaitanya Tembe
55. Shri Samir sen + spouse
56. Shri Pradip Kumar Pain + spouse
57. Smt. Mahua Chakrabarty + spouse
58. Shri Prabir Ghosh
59. Shri Abeer Dey
60. Shri Swadheen Dey + spouse
61. Smt. Nibedita Chakrabarty + spouse
62. Shri Ranajit Lodh
63. Shri Shatanu Dam
64. Shri Shivaji Dam
65. Shri Sanjay Lahiri
66. Shri Debashish Dutta*
67. Shri Anup Ghosh + spouse*
68. Nivedita Das + spouse
69. Mrs. Kanchan Shetty
70. Shri Subrata Burman + spouse
71. Dr. Anurupa Maitra + spouse
72. Shri Daniel Jagtap + spouse
* need to register as Alumnibes member
So what are you waiting for? Give your names for participation so that we can make adequate arrangements, and make optimum use of our meager resources. Due to shortage of manpower, we will post some invitation letters to only very senior members those who do not have email id, in the month of December. It is your responsibility to inform your siblings or batch mates, seniors and juniors to maximize the participation. New members need to register with us with their name, batch year, address, telephone number, email id etc.
From : Smt. Keya Chatterjee &
Address : “Shree” , Plot- 30/10, G.K.Nagar,
Officers` Colony, ECIL Post,
Hyderabad – 500 062
E-MAIL : C_DILEEP@YAHOO.COM
Phone : 040-2722 8434
Mobile : 09347200054
Dated : 23/06/2007
The Hon. Secretary,
The Bengali Education Society,
164, S.S.Wagh Marg,
Dadar, Mumbai – 400 014
Subject - Proposed Amendment to Bye-Laws of the Society….. suggestions
We are in receipt of your letter of Ref. No. : Nil dated 16th.June 2007 seeking to introduce ammendments in our Society`s constitution.
At the outset we are very happy to know that after your last meeting with ALUMNIBES held during September 2006, you have at last been able to reach this stage to consider fresh Society membership applications which had been in HOLD STAGE for last few years!
Your setting a deadline of 3rd.July 2007 as the last date for the members to respond appears to be very short considering you have been pondering over this issue for a very long time ( 9 months !!! ) and this also suggests that the managing committee is merely fulfilling its statutary obligations .
Coming back to the points raised in your Notice , we have to offer our views as under :
1) The basis for amending the New Life Membership fee to a whopping Rs.10,000/ does not auger well for our society as it will prevent most of the enthusiastic young ex-students ,and thus leaving the society in the hands of few old members many of whome have become too aged,sick and inactive to do anything constuctive for our socity.
2) The ALUMNIBES ( alumni association of the B.E.School ,Dadar ) had conducted an opinion poll (results enclosed ) which guarentees maximum number of Ex-student Mambers agreeing to contribute Rs.1000/ - towords the Life membership fees.
3) The need for a large Life members` base of society is of paramount importance today due to the fact that the present list of Life members` average age is well past the retirement age and we defenitely require a large army of newer generation members to carry the baton of running demands and aspirations of the Society during the new millenium!
4) The practice of having different catagories of members in the present day context needs an explanation and will be better if done away with.
5) The present Ordinary and Associate members may be presented with an option to get converted to New Life Members with VOTING RIGHTS by paying the ammended fees at 10- 20% discount .
6) We would be happy if even the present Life members of the society are required to re-new their memberships by paying the ammended fees.
7) The objective of inducting new members to our society should be to ensure un-restricted flow of enthusiastic people who can devote their valuable time,efforts,organisational skills,ideas for the benefit of our society and not keep the managing committee saddled with all the responsibilities most of which have remained UN-ATTENDED , UN-RESOLVED for decades!
8) New Patrons may be inducted by charging a Fee of Rs.15,000 and the proposal of awarding Hon.Patrons may be dropped as the criterion for Distinguished Members of Society can lead us to a never ending debate.
9) We are very sure you will take cognizance to our suggestions and settle the issue at the earliest to facilitate enrollment of New Life members to our society.
10) What happened to the promiss of our Society Chairman Sri G.H.Banerjee made to the ALUMNIBES representatives to dis-allow the Shivajipark Bengal Club Executive Committee members to hold Managing Committee memberships in our Bengali Education Society ?
11) Thanking you and assuring of our continued interest and love for our Bangla School of Bombay, we remain
Keya Chatterjee & Dileep Chatterjee
Enter content here
Enter content here
Enter content here