of donors to alma mater will be updated as and when the donation amount is received
Individual Ex-student donations:
1. Shri Deepak Mazumdar 1972
2. Shri Ashok Parui 1971 Rs.
3. Captain Partho Das 1970 Rs.
4. Dr. Anurupa Maitra*
1966 Rs. 25,000=00
5. Shri Debiprasad Chowdhury 1961
6. Smt. Anita Chowdhury
1961 Rs. 25,000=00
7. Ms. Debjani Chowdhury
1969 Rs. 25,000=00
8. Dr. Manojit Lodh 1964 Rs.
9. Shri Prabir Ghosh 1964 Rs.
10. Shri Samir Chatterjee 1964 Rs.
11. Shri Bibek Bagchi
1979 Rs. 10,000=00
12. Shri Prodyot Nandy
1964 Rs. 10,000=00
13. Shri Partha Bose 1964 Rs.
14. Shri Nirukta Bose
1967 Rs. 10,000=00
15. Smt. Sheela Roy 1962
16. Shri Pratip Lahiri 1979 Rs.
17. Shri Samarendranath Roy 1966
18. Shri Sankar Gupta
19. Shri Sanjay Lahiri 1969
20. Shri Phanish M Shetty
1988 Rs. 5,000=00
21. Shri Subrata Maiti
1965 Rs. 5,000=00
22. Dr. Aurobindo Das 1970
23. Shri Chandan Maity 1975 Rs.
24. Smt. Juthika Bhattacharya 1967
25. Shri Rajeev Jairaj 1988
26. Shri Santanu Dam 1972 Rs.
27. Smt Shefalika Das 1954 Rs.
28. Shri Bibek Mazumdar 1963
29. Shri Sushil Chatterjee
31. Shri Ravindra Bhat 1976
32. Smt. Tapashi Bhattacharya 1973 Rs.
33. Shri Anup Bhattacharya 1979
34. Smt. Tapati Gupta 1981 Rs. 500=00
35. Smt. Somenath Dutta 1989 Rs.
36. Smt. Chhanda Sen Majumdar 1987
( Donation list is incomplete. If any
ex-student of BES School has donated for School, please inform us through 'Guest Book' on top of the page. We will certainly
* Donated in loving memory of her parents
Smt Aruna Lahiri and Shri
Bhupendra Nath Lahiri
Corporate donations :
1. Through Shri Deepak Mazumdar ( 1972 )
M/S Palm Gold Commodities Rs.
M/S Shri Srinivasan Exports Rs.
M/S H. M. Dehydrate Foods Rs.
M/S Srinivasa Chillio Exports
M/S Tirupathi Agri Brokers Rs.
Corporate advertisements for Souvenir
1. Through, Shri Bimal Basak ( 1954 ) Rs. 25,000=00
2. Through, Smt. Bharati Shome ( 1966 ) Rs. 10,000=00
3. Through, Shri Sanjay Lahiri ( 1969 )
4. Through, Shri Anath Parui ( 1967 )
5. Through Shri Sushobhan Sarkar ( 1970 )
6. Through Shri Prabir Kumar De ( 1970
) Rs. 10,000=00
Sponsorships by Alumni
Dr. Shibani Kanungo (1984) has sponsored scholarships
to girl students from std VII to std X of BES High School for all round performance.
The sponsorship is worth Rs. 25,000=00
Creative effort as a 'Pay Back' to
Roy (1964) has designed the Platinum Jubilee logo, the
cover page of Souvenir, the letter-head, the appeal form for advertisement/donation and made the art work for Platinum
Jubilee program advertisement. He has also sponsored advertisement in paper 'Afternoon' for Platinum Jubilee program
on 18th October. His contribution of three poems and a few anecdotes enriches the souvenir.
Ashok has also sponsored a full page colour
ad in souvenir
for "Innervoice" worth Rs. 5,000=00
Posted on 4.9.2008
Sub : An
appeal for donation to alma mater
Our Alma Mater, the
Bengali Education Society's School, has turned a youthful 75 years
this summer, established in the year 1933 by a small Bengali group settled early in Bombay. What started as a first batch of only six students has, over the
years, grown to an academic bank of over 1500 co-educated students representing every hue of Mumbai society. Socio-cultural
enrichment, sporting activities, sustained academic performance at the annual SSC examinations and the standout professional
and social attainments of countless names from the Alunmi family bear glowing testimony to the spirit and caliber of the student
fraternity, ably backed by a dedicated and caring teaching staff.
However, that is
not all that the founding fathers envisioned the day they planted the ceremonial sapling seventy five years ago. They hoped
that their dreams would be carried forward by generations of the future, dreams of a vibrant and multilingual fountain head
of education, culture and social integration not just at the place of their initial choice but replicated at as many places
We know that this
is an uphill task and we can do very little without your kind and generous help. There are various projects for up liftment
of School, which School Management needs to take up expeditiously.
1. The infrastructure at present is 75 years
old & needs an Architect to assess the life of the building structure and take up necessary repair works to increase the
life of the buildings.
2. Plastering, painting inside and outside of school buildings.
3. Complete renovation of the Science Laboratory.
4. To upgrade present Computer Lab.
5. To upgrade Library room with furniture and
books necessary for school children and teachers.
6. To replace all old benches of class rooms,
blackboards, and upgrade staff room.
7. To upgrade, beautify, and modernise the Pre-Primary Section.
8. To provide some sports facilities like basket
ball court, table tennis room etc.
9. To beautify compound and the entrance of school.
10. To convert the existing Hall in primary building with good sound system and air conditioning.
To cover up open space
between the two buildings with shades (foldable) as per BMC’s rule. Similarly cover up
2 terraces above two buildings with shades.
As per present FSI if permitted by BMC
to increase one floor to accommodate more children or to have Jr. College
(11th and 12th standard) classes.
To realise our goals and also commemorate this glorious Platinum
Jubilee year, we have planned two fund raising programmes on the 16th and 18th October, 2008 at Sri Shanmukhananda Fine Arts
& Sangeetha Sabha, Sion and Ravindra Natya Mandir, Prabhadevi, respectively. While the first programme will be conducted
by the school students, guided by their teachers and ex-students, the second programme promises a musical journey by renowned
artists such as Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty, Smt. Kaushiki Desikan and Shri Shekhar Sen. On this occasion we shall publish a commemorative
souvenir highlighting chronological anecdotes and articles on our school.
We appeal to you to
donate generously and help us with your financial contributions.
Please be assured that, your donations shall have tax
exemptions under Section 80 G of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
your cheque/draft in favour of ‘Bengali Education Society’, write on the reverse, Name, Batch Year and Tel no.,
and send it to following address.
4 West View, L. N. Road,
Dadar ( East ), Mumbai – 400 014
Those donating 'any amount' will find their names in ‘Payback’
page of Alumnibes website . It is also possible to keep the name of donor anonymous, if donor so desires.
Hoping for the best of your co-operation.
Regards and best wishes.
member, Publicity Sub-Committee
Platinum Jubilee Celebration Committee – BES School